Welcome to hitz fm!
Nov 22, 2016
Image via TheSun
There is an actual league, with teams and kits and colours and rules etc. It is so official and it's actually pretty serious.
It started off in the US, with the Major League Quidditch and has now arrived in the UK. Eight teams will compete for the title of national champions. There are 20,000 international players, 25 competing countries and even an international rulebook.
Players can be one of four positions...
• Keepers - Guard the hoops from opposing chasers and become a 4th chaser on offense.
• Chasers - Throw the quaffle through the opposite team's hoops to score goals worth 10 points.
• Beaters -Throw bludgers at the opposing team to "knock them out" and make them return to hoops.
• Seekers - Catch the snitch (worth 30 points) to end the game.
A team of seven will have one keeper, three chasers, two beaters and one seeker.
A game of Quidditch involves three types of balls...
• The Quaffle - a semi-deflated volleyball thrown through the hoops by chasers and keepers.
• Bludgers - dodgeballs thrown at other players by beaters. There are three bludgers on the pitch.
• The Snitch - a sock with a tennis ball in it, attached to the snitch runner's shorts. When caught by either team's seeker, the game ends.
They also have pretty cool team names, in the UK the divisions are
The London Monarchs
The Southwest Broadside
The Southeast Knights
The Eastern Mermaids
The Northern Watch
The Yorkshire Roses
The East Midlands Archers
The West Midlands Revolution
You should check out the official website Quidditch Premier League
Article Source via ENews
Cover Image via Harry Potter Wiki
Copyright © 2015 Astro Radio Sdn Bhd (403472-D)
Search anything with the form above. Hit the enter key once finish.