Fifth Harmony are an all-female contemporary R&B vocal group who formed in 2012 during the second season of The X Factor.
Originally, Fifth Harmony featured vocalists Lauren Jauregui, Allyson Brooke Hernandez, Normani Kordei Hamilton, Camila Cabello and Dinah Jane Hansen.
Following their time on The X Factor, Fifth Harmony scored a record deal with Simon Cowell’s Syco Music in Britain and Epic Records in the U.S.
In 2015, they released their their debut full-length studio album, Reflection, which included singles “Bo$$”, “Sledgehammer”, and “Worth It”.
The following year, Fifth Harmony returned with their sophomore full-length album 7/27, named after the date that the group was officially formed on The X Factor. Some of the hitz from the album included “The Life” and “Work From Home,” featuring Ty Dolla $ign.
Several months later, Cabello issued her own single “Bad Things”, a duet with rapper Machine Gun Kelly. The track performed well, and on the heels of that success, Cabello announced she had left the group to pursue a solo career.
In August 2017, the quartet returned with a new self titled album Fifth Harmony. The album stays true to the themes that have always been at the heart of Fifth Harmony’s songwriting: sisterhood, power and positivity.
Since Fifth Harmony is our Artist Of The Month, we thought it would be the perfect time to properly introduce you to the ladies. Read on for 10 little known facts about Fifth Harmony!
- Their group was originally called LYLAS (Love You Like A Sister), then 1432 (I Love You Too), then Fifth Harmony.
- While on tour, they were only allowed to take 5 minute showers in a scheduled order. Imagine the chaos!
- Their community of fans call themselves ‘Harmonizers’.
- Ally was (and probably still is) a fan of Disney’s hit show Lizzie McGuire. In fact, she told Mashable that she performed “What Dreams Are Made Of” from The Lizzie McGuire Movie in her elementary school talent show.
- Normani bit her cousin when she was younger and sent her to the hospital for stitches....all over a Barbie puzzle. Yikes.
- Dinah Jane has an unusual domestic situation where she shares a house with over 20 of her family members
- 5H has their own Barbie doll line from Mattel.
- On Normani’s 17th birthday, she received an autograph from Beyonce.
- Lauren sang the National Anthem in front of her entire school when she was in 5th grade. That took some guts!
- 5H lists Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, the Spice Girls and Destiny’s Child as their main influences.
Source: SweetyHigh, TheFactSite, UselessDaily